Work for A Growing Company that Cares
Are you looking to join a fast-growing company in a thriving industry that provides the kind of career challenges to keep you interested and challenged at work? HealthCo is a value added reseller for GE’s healthcare software, and home to 50-plus people at our headquarters in Tualatin, Oregon plus field staff in Seattle and Phoenix. Whatever the role, everyone at HealthCo is dedicated to serving our customers in the clinics at the highest level. We don’t write software, we make GE Healthcare’s software more usable through strategic implementation, training, and support.
Oregon Business has twice named HealthCo one of the “100 Best Places To Work.” We’re honored, and we want to continue this streak by attracting even more talented, customer-focused technology pros to the HealthCo team.
Current Job Openings
HealthCo has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Senior Accountant in our Portland, OR location. Is there a more important market than Healthcare or a more dynamic industry than technology? HealthCo Information Systems sits at the intersection of Healthcare and Information Technology. We/you help independent medical offices/clinics improve patient care and outcomes using the latest software technology. HealthCo’s market includes independent medical clinics across numerous specialties, such as family care, internal medicine, cardiology, urology, orthopedic, and pain centers.
The Senior Accountant, reporting to the CFO, is responsible for maintaining accounting information and financial records, ensuring the accuracy of account entries by recording, verifying, and consolidating accounting transactions. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports, and actively participate in maintaining fiscal stability of the Company using informed technical knowledge and skills in accounting and financial analytics.
- Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Reviews and annualizes deferred revenue accounts for compliance with revenue recognition standards, and prepares necessary journal entries.
- Readies and maintains financial and business transactions, applying accounting principles, that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual audit.
- Responsible for review of regular State and Local Tax filings and review of local SALT changes impacting the business.
- Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Considers the need for new or changed controls.
- Advises operating officials on accounting matters.
- Provide on-going support to encourage a collaborative teamwork environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting and or Finance from an accredited educational institution. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Must have 5 to 7 years of accounting experience, including financial reporting, general ledger, and budgeting expertise or four to six years of progressively responsible experience working within an accounting group.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Experience with SAAS financials and revenue recognition rules preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.
- Must be comfortable operating with a strong level of professionalism, collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized in work, able multi-task, and work under pressure to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical data and materials.
- High proficiency in Microsoft and Accounting Applications specific to the organization, especially in the use of spreadsheet and database software and systems with the ability to develop and present precise and easily understood financial reports is required.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required, including the ability to successfully provide leadership and influence with others to achieve results with or without direct line accountability.
- Strong organizational skills, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically within constantly changing priorities.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a personal presence that inspires and motivates others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of the organization.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time at a desk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls on computers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear in meetings and on the telephone or on the computer in an office or variable setting
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus while working on a computer
- Employee must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. on occasion
Compensation and Benefits
This is considered a full-time, exempt position. Compensation for this position depends on the experience of the candidate. HealthCo offers a competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plan, life and disability insurance, 401(k), holiday pay and PTO.
Email resume and cover letter to HR@Healthcosystems.com or click here to go to our indeed post