Work for A Growing Company that Cares
Are you looking to join a fast-growing company in a thriving industry that provides the kind of career challenges to keep you interested and challenged at work? HealthCo is a value added reseller for GE’s healthcare software, and home to 50-plus people at our headquarters in Tualatin, Oregon plus field staff in Seattle and Phoenix. Whatever the role, everyone at HealthCo is dedicated to serving our customers in the clinics at the highest level. We don’t write software, we make GE Healthcare’s software more usable through strategic implementation, training, and support.
Oregon Business has twice named HealthCo one of the “100 Best Places To Work.” We’re honored, and we want to continue this streak by attracting even more talented, customer-focused technology pros to the HealthCo team.
To apply please email ClarissaH@healthcosystems.com with cover letter and resume.
Accounts Payable Specialist – Job Summary
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for all activities required to ensure accurate accounts payable records and vendor management for HealthCo. The AP specialist will be responsible for timely, accurate, and complete payment processing, weekly check runs, as well as maintenance and reconciliation of vendor files.
Standards of Performance
Represent approved HealthCo products in an ethical, professional and enthusiastic manner to prospects, customers, company staff, business partners, consultants and associates, and any other organization or entity to which you come in contact. Must reach established goals and quota production standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Account maintenance, regulatory, and reporting activities
- Use technical knowledge and skills to perform routine, high volume, transactions in accounts payable.
- Review and audit invoices, credit card bills and vendor statements for appropriate documentation ensuring accuracy with data sources.
- Generate checks on a weekly basis.
- Maintain thorough and accurate accounting files in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Prepare reports on status of payables, including ad-hoc research or reporting as requested by Management.
- Recommend process changes or policies and procedures to govern the payment of company bills to the advantage of the organization.
- Support HealthCo customers by responding to vendor inquiries and performing customer account reconciliations, resolving discrepancies, and/or updating customer records.
- Request new vendors, obtain W-9’s and process 1099s.
- Process vendor credits with appropriate approval.
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-going support to encourage a collaborative teamwork environment.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed to Perform This Role
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates degree with a focus in Accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, specifically in Accounts Payable.
- Must be comfortable operating with a strong level of professionalism, collaborative teamwork environment.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized in work, able multi-task, and work under pressure to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Applications, especially in the use of spreadsheet, word processing 60+wpm, general ledger or database software applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Strong organizational skills, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically within constantly changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills needed to ask applicable questions to solve problems, uncover customer/vendor needs and promote philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of the organization.
Physical Demands (Physical, Mental and Environmental)
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time at a desk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls on computers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear in meetings and on the telephone or on the computer in an office or variable setting
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus while working on a computer
- Employee must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. on occasion
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. it is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. I have read and understand the essential and non-essential functions, including the necessary capabilities, of the position and can perform these with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand that I can request a reasonable accommodation, should one be necessary for me to carry out the essential functions of this position. I also acknowledge that the functions and capabilities for this position may change in the future with or without notice.